Monday, February 21, 2011

Update February 21st

Just a quick update.   Gary had a follow-up visit with Dr Leo today and lost another pound, but he was not too concerned.  He said that all of Gary's treatments have been targeting his stomach area, and the small intestine is right in the middle of it, so it has been hit hard.  The small intestine is what absorbs the nutrients so it hasn't been able to do its job too well.  Dr Leo really thinks that things are ready to turn around as far as weight gain goes. 

Gary's nausea is gone... he is eating better.... food tastes better...he is more alert....he doesn't lie in bed all day....   Life is getting better.  He even walked around an island in our kitchen and up and down the stairs 5 times today.  What a triumph!!!!  

He doesn't go back to Dr Leo for two more weeks at which time his tumor count will be rechecked.  We are anxious for that day.  Then to St Louis for the big test on March 17th!!!.

Jannis

9 comments:

  1. I'm liking this news! Keep up the good work--exercising and poking the food down. The meds/treatments can "do their thing" while you're re-cooping!
    Thanks for the update; still praying daily for you.

    Friends,
    Lois & Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad things are looking up for you!
    Leroy & Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good report! Nice to see you on the bench against Marshfield. Dawn Marie Rachel posted the link to KSPR's sports coverage and I was able to watch it. Another triumph against Murph ;) I hope you are able to find a stationary bike to ride (she posted that too). I'll be praying for a good report on the 17th! I'm so happy you are getting some strength back! Until later, Amy McHolland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 586th (unofficial) win. Archer said the Marshfield win was for you.
    Appropriate!
    Keep gaining strength, Gary. There are a lot of us praying for you, Jannis and family.
    Bill Breshears

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear things are improving, Dad. I keep you in my thoughts every day. Sounds like you'll be up this way on St. Patty's, and you'll be near the most Irish neighborhood in town, so while you're up this way, make sure you drive down to Soulard, grab any bald guy you see and rub his head for good luck - can't hurt!

    ~ Gary Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, typo - that Irish neighborhood is Dogtown, not Soulard (sorry, just finished inspecting several properties in Soulard, so I still had that in my head) - as if you care!

    ~ Gary Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayer works, and God is good! So happy to hear you have positive news. It's difficult to be hopeful without it. May there be many more good days!
    Carol & Parris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gary, my man,

    It's me your ol' Joplin neighbor Chuck Ross again. I have been following your progress, checking on you. I was glad to see that you are progressing in the right direction. I expect to see a good report on St. Patty's Day. By the way are you IRISH? What a foolish question, I know you are Hillbilly. Well, dress in green and pretend to be Irish since that is their lucky day. You deserve a little luck, too. And remember a little less blarney and a lot more progress. Just because you can't see me, dosen't mean I'm not watching your progress. You go, boy.

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jannis,

    I saw Coach at the Bolivar vs Marshfield district game and he said he had more energy and was eating more. I am so glad to hear that. You have many, many prayers and so many people that love you and your beautiful family. Miss seeing you all the time!

    Love,
    Casey Garrison

    ReplyDelete